25.9.11

Full bloom

Today I had a tonne of work to do- a million readings and reading tests and starting and finishing an essay on the male gaze, not to mention yoga class to go to. So instead, and in true uni student style, Will and I went to wander in the spring sunshine and eat sherbert-covered icecreams in a local park.





Ah, it was so lovely! I wore this amazing new (old) 1950s dress that I got from Croatia Vintage a couple of weeks ago, that has been waiting for the right time to be worn. I also wore my usual accessories- black t-bar flats, my thrifted beige and white belt and my old grey Zara cardigan for when the sun was behind clouds. Sorry for all the self-indulgent self-portraits, but Will and the camera were working very well together and he took a million lovely (and deceptively flattering) shots. Also my hair is fiiiiinally long enough, after 5 years without proper haircuts, to do the perfect Heidi braids with! Hoping to make them my ~signature style~ over summer.


How gorgeous is this oatmeal cabled sweater with amazing leather elbow patches? I found it in the men's section of a thrift store the other day, and ran flailing to Will to force him to buy it. Of course, as soon as he put it on I realised I should've kept it for myself! Thankfully he is still a growing boy, and has promised to bequeath it to me when it becomes unwearably small on him.

Eh, I guess I should get on to all that work now. Seems like such a waste on a day that's still so beautiful!

20 comments:

  1. Lovely pix,and your hair is just divine!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Heidi braids and the dress. Such pretty pictures. The best thing about Spring is all the lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous photos!! I was thinking earlier last week I need to find a field of daffodils to take photos in :) you look so pretty!!

    Kc

    http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should have kept it! Ah well you can always steel it back for the odd evening. I do this all the time with Ethan. The number of preppy cardigans and jumpers I've parted with.

    Woman. You killed it with these photos. I saw them on flicker first and the dandelions made my heart flutter. What a lovely lovely set of pics. I've been collecting a few little pretty things for you!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are gorgeous! Really lovely in amongst the flowers! And your hair looks so pretty, love the flowers mingling with the plaits :) definitely following xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i adore all these photos-- especially photo #2. your braids are making me miss having long hair-- too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures! Your hair is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love this. The flowers are all so pretty and so are you :) Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are absolutely wonderful, just like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great jumper! I definitely wouldn't have parted with it. Have such a soft spot for leather elbow patches.

    Oh and I love your braid, wish my hair was long enough to do one.

    Tash
    (milkandmead.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this looks beautiful! Croatia Vintage always has the best dresses and it looks like you definitely scored with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pictures, but most of all I love your hair.

    /U
    Come visit me at pug-a-licious and maybe we can follow each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so so pretty!!! The flowers in you hair are so whimsical, love it. V

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why does hardly anyone comment on Christie's posts?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous- I have way more free time than Christie, so I spend a lottttt of time reading commenting on blogs. I think people just like to post comments back to the people who have commented on theirs? Also several of these commenters are my longtime internet friends and penpals and zine-contributors, and three of them I know in real life.

    Also, could I say comment any more times in this comment?

    ReplyDelete
  16. pretty dress!!! i really love the flowers in you milkmaid braids too... happy sunshine!! xkim

    ReplyDelete
  17. Georgia you are breathtakingly beautiful in these pictures... truly beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the daisies, the dress, the milkmaid braids... ahhhh so very lovely!! You're gorgeous Georgia =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! If you require a specific answer to a question, you can find our email addresses on our 'about' page. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...