31.5.12

Micro-outfit blogging

Inspired by a post that my longtime e-friend and fellow fierce fashion feminist Ana made, I thought I'd follow suit and share some un-polished, hasty, blurry, poor-quality outfit photos I've been taking lately. Ana started a Facebook group for sharing outfit photos without any pretension or expectations, and I feel like photographing more of my outfits has helped me figure out what looks nice on me. Some of my absolute favourite bloggers and ladies of the internet are in the group (to name a couple: Zoë, Tricia and Carly, Ana, Morgan, Kristin, Taylor, Rachel and of course Christie), and it's great as it gives me an excuse to lurk their style even more than I already do. As my outfit photographer works full-time, and by the time she gets home in the evenings it's dark, there are only really two days a week that my outfits can be photographed in a nice, aesthetically-pleasing, professional-ish way. The rest of the time, I rely on Photobooth or self-timer. So here are some things I've been wearing recently in mediocre quality, always taken on the way out the door or after a day of lectures.




1950s red perfect amazing dress that cost way too much but fits me like it was made for me, purple suede 1960s mary-janes from Recycle, orange leather belt from my friend Margot, our awesome space curtains off Trademe.




Vintage 1950s blue velvet dress, opshopped white knit cardigan, petersham ribbon bow belt, bluebird brooch from eBay, Columbine tights, opshopped black mary-jane flats, messy room.




Teardrop dress that I got made in Vietnam, petersham ribbon bow belt, 1950s brown leather school satchel off Trademe, Frida Kahlo socks from I don't remember where, ugly but practical and waterproof and comfortable shoes from Recycle Boutique.




Opshopped blue rose-print dress, opshopped forest green knitted cropped jersey, cream beret from Christie, vintage tweed jacket a present from my dad, 'Forever' brooch from a shop in Melbourne ages ago, same Columbine tights and opshopped shoes.
 


Lily-of-the-Valley print dress made in Vietnam for me, lilac floral cardigan off Trademe, cat stolen from the neighbours.



I wore this outfit everyday for like a week. Emerald green 1950s coat off Etsy, amazing red rose 1950s dress that is OFFICIALLY my favourite garment I have ever owned off Etsy too. 

17 comments:

  1. I love your outfits! My favourites are definitely that beautiful coat in the last two photos and that stunning red dress in the first photo! Ha ha some things are just worth spending a small fortune on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your outfits are divine. I don't think your photos are "mediocre quality." They are perfect - they catch the ambiance of your room, what you're wearing, everything. I actually prefer this type of shot than something more staged or stereotypically perfect. My favourite photo is that last one, you twirling. That's magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea, takes all the pretension away from blogging.
    Those shoes are not ugly. So clunky and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! It must be much cooler in NZ that it is in Florida right now. Some of my favorite vintage comes from a local shop, but she also has an Etsy. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheVintageCurve) Since I live in town, I just convo her and don't end up having to pay shipping. LOVE Etsy vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post makes me realise your day to day wardrobe is even more amazing than I could possibly have hoped!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your photos are lovely and not mediocre in the least! Your room is full of gorgeous bits to look at and the outfits are pretty special, too. I love how long your hair is, those amazing space curtains and your gorgeous kitty cat. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw thanks for the mention.

    that red dress was seriously made for you. worth every penny imo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That red dress is divine and does fit you like a glove! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love seeing photos like this. It seems like there's so much pressure to have perfect pictures but surely the point is seeing your outfit not having the best possible lighting and an amazing background. However much that red dress cost it was totally worth it because it looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh you have so many beautiful dresses! unfortunately i don't have a boyfriend or best friend photographer to rely on, even on the weekends, which is why i'm so super lazy with outfit photos, even though i love seeing other peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those oxfords are to die for--and the dresses so vintagy and cute--charming blog! I'm lovin it!

    -Lauren
    http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment links to your page, you don't have to type it in separately! 3 molecules of ATP saved per comment from here on!!!

      Delete
  12. The green coat is my favourite but I do love the Saturn curtain and the upside down pug (pretending to be taxidermied?) XD Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes! I love your contributions to the group Georgia, please don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of these! I actually really like those 'ugly but waterproof' shoes haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, your wardrobe seriously looks as packed as mine does! if youre still interested can you shoot me an email regarding the kitty jumper? kelly@madebywhite.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! If you require a specific answer to a question, you can find our email addresses on our 'about' page. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...