6.6.13

Ladylook


Wearing a 1950s 'Ladylook' striped floral rose dress from Trade Me, opshopped white cardigan from ages ago, Columbine merino tights, vintage silver bangle that was a 21st present from my mum from Ziggurat, Doc Martens mary janes from Recycle Boutique and amazing leopard belt from Trade Me also.

This is, I think, the last one of the dresses I got from that one really good Trade Me seller that I have to show off here. It is pretty much everything I could ask for in a dress, including having POCKETS!!!! Plus I was the only bidder on it for some reason, so got it super cheaply. Sorry for the overload of blue + roses in these photos! 

I actually wore this to work on Monday, but I did a 12 hour day and by the time I got home all I wanted to do was eat soup in bed so didn't photograph it. I recreated it for some outfit photos, kindly taken by my brother while sitting on my bed as part of our high-tech new set up. I am doing that pose with the foot because Will was calling out to me that the bottom of the photos was too dark to see my nice shoes.

I got these shoes on the weekend from Recycle Boutique, and just as I was buying them I ran into Trees for the first time ever, which is surprising because Wellington seems like a pretty tiny place most of the time. We talked about having a Wellington blogger get-together thing, so please email me if you are interested! My address is our the 'about' section. Anyway, these shoes are suuuuuuuper comfy and amazing quality, plus they've already been broken in which is a plus. I often think I'd be willing to pay a huge amount of money for a pair of cute, plain, comfy black flats that will last for longer than a year, and I think I may have found them for a bargain. I feel like by the time I am, like, 25 I will have slowly curated this perfect vintage wardrobe full of the best weirdest nicest things ever, and these shoes feel like an important building block in this process.

16 comments:

  1. Love the dress. Those blue flowers are beautiful. But the shoes, oh my, the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab dress! I wish we had a version of Trade Me here in Australia as it looks like a veritable treasure trove of bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the shoes are fabulous.....its so hard to find a great pair of Mary-Janes.
    The rose dress is a dream.....you must have squealed when it came in the post.
    love V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stripe + floral prints are the best. I love how giant and vivid the roses are. I wish I lived in Wellington so I could go to the blogger meetup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Love the roses and such big ones too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute dress! especially because it has pockets, it's always such a bonus when dresses and skirts have them, i use them all the time when i've got them.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. that belt is amazing!!
    Lovely big blue roses. and how they match the one in the background. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there
    I found your link on nz blog collective. My name is Ashleigh and i am also a fashion blogger from New Zealand. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say hey. I will link my blog below so you can check out my blog and maybe follow if you like and also maybe we could make a facebook group so all us nz fashion bloggers can keep in contact. Let me know what you think.
    Ashleigh http://fallenfashionave.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there, I was looking for a vintage clothing boston and I came across your blog, very informative and entertaining, it shows that your an expert in your field.
    I will definitely be back for more. Keep it up!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am the worst, I haven't checked in here for so long! At least I had lots of lovely posts to catch up on! I too know the perils in trying to take an outfit photo in a confined space. I love blue on you, this print is absolutely incredible and you should never NEVER sell this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing frock, those enormous blue roses are just gorgeous. What a lovely, lucky find you clever thing. Oh definitely sort out a bloggy get together if you get the chance, they are the best fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, gorgeous dress! Look at that fabric!

    We are moving back to Dunedin for the time being, but you never know where we'll end up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blue flower print is amazing, what a gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super dress envy! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow such a wonderful dress,looks absolutely incredible, lovely fabric, I'm gonna try this out. Great pics

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! If you require a specific answer to a question, you can find our email addresses on our 'about' page. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...